It might take longer than you expected to weed through the new crop of college graduates in your search for the best entry-level employees. In a survey by Adecco Staffing US, 66% of hiring managers said they’re finding freshly degreed applicants to be unprepared for the workplace.
In fact, 58% of them said they’re not going to consider this year’s grads when filling positions this year.
Rookie mistakes hiring managers say they’re seeing from recent grads:
- Weak résumés riddled with spelling errors—the gaffe managers cited most often
- An inability to clearly answer questions or articulate their skills and experience during interviews
- Checking phones and texting during interviews
- Fidgeting, lack of eye contact
- Posting comments about job interviews on social networks.