You need great confidence if you want to be a successful leader, writes InPower Consulting President and CEO Dana Theus, who offers five steps to help you boost yours.
- Pick an area you don’t feel confident in. It could be a skill or an area of knowledge.
- Find the edge of your comfort zone. “Just fill in these blanks: I feel confident that I know/can do ____ but I’m not confident I know/can do ____,” Theus writes.
- Think of one thing you can do in the next week that’s just out of that comfort zone. For example, speak up and share your thoughts in a meeting.
- Watch what happens. Pay attention to the feedback you get that confirms you do know what you’re doing and talking about.
- Plan to go further next time. Once you’re back in your comfort zone, reflect on your experience with a focus on what went well. Plan to repeat and do a little more next time.
— Adapted from “How do great leaders get great confidence?", Dana Theus, SmartBlog on .
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35747/5-steps-to-greater-self-confidence "