It would be nice if there were a straightforward, easy-to-follow guide to career success so we’d always know what to do. Motivational speaker and real estate investor Paul LeJoy doesn’t have that, but through his work with dozens of entrepreneurs, he has discovered eight problems that are sure to trip people up as they strive to succeed in their work.
- Timidity. Great ideas aren’t worth anything—it’s the execution that counts. Sounds simple, but it’s risky to go after big ideas, and it takes courage to risk trying to turn an idea into reality. If you’re timid, your ideas don’t stand a chance of getting off the ground.
- Laziness. It takes a lot of hard work to execute on a new idea, and that work won’t get done by a lazy person. Write down your goals and a breakdown of the steps it will take to achieve them.
- Complacency. It takes passion to keep pursuing a goal day after day, week after week and month after month, especially when obstacles arise. You need to feed your passion and make it part of all that you do so it thrives over time.
- Distraction. There are more distractions than ever these days, but you can’t cave in to them if you hope to achieve success. Use self-discipline to avoid following casual desires and instincts.
- Doubt. If you let doubts invade your thoughts, they will be the downfall of your dream. You may need to adjust your goals and strategies along the way, but don’t let doubt make you give them up altogether.
- Disconnection. The most successful people don’t become that way on their own—they have mentors and other community members to help and support them along the way. Keep in touch with people both virtually and in person.
- Dishonesty. Sometimes it will seem easy to be dishonest to move yourself closer to your goal faster, but lies will catch up with you sooner or later. True success comes only with a clear conscience.
- Ingratitude. As noted above under “disconnection,” no one succeeds on his or her own. Remember to acknowledge and thank the people who helped you get where you are.
— Adapted from “8 Pitfalls on the Path to Success,” Geoffrey James, Inc.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35730/what-not-to-do-if-you-want-to-succeed "