Q. When I send a meeting notice to Lotus Notes users, it loses the detail. What can I do to fix this?
A. Typically, an item coming from Outlook to Lotus Notes shows up as text only. The information in a calendar item doesn’t translate well to text. The end result is that your Lotus Notes users don’t get the pertinent detail about your meeting.
One way to counteract this is to drag the calendar item to the Mail button on the Navigation Pane. This takes the meeting details and creates text from it. Now send the email. You could use categories to identify your Lotus Notes users easily. Let your Lotus Notes users know that they will receive two messages, and they should use the second one to create a meeting on their calendars.
- Tip Card: Business Management Daily's Favorite Keyboard Shortcuts
- Keep top priorities on top in Outlook
- Do you want to create a different signature for reply emails?
- Is there a better way to make comments in reply email text other than just different font color?
- Better calendars & tasks: 6 tips, 3 shortcuts