Employment lawyers have been warning for some time that blogs will one day be a volatile issue in the workplace. Recent events show that day has arrived. For example, a member of the Cherokee County, GA, Planning Commission provoked a firestorm of controversy after an online post she made advocated dismantling Israel to achieve peace in the Middle East. The outcry forced her to resign ...
- Clarify contract status by separating arbitration clause from job application
- When and how you can use 'English-Only' rules in the workplace
- Offer alternatives to layoffs—but don't expect your good deed to go unpunished
- Can we require employees to get flu vaccine?
- Beware contradictions in performance reviews