The U.S. Department of Labor last month published an updated version of its model COBRA election notice, which health plans must provide to departing workers to notify them of their options for continued health insurance.
At the same time, the DOL published model notices that employers can use to tell employees about their options for buying health insurance through the new government-run state exchanges. Employers must begin providing those notices—mandated by the Affordable Care Act—to current and new employees no later than Oct. 1.
Download model COBRA and state-exchange notices and read the guidance (Technical Release No. 2013-02) on the DOL's website.
- New California unemployment insurance deadlines coming July 1
- Sports apparel firm pushes fitness, team spirit
- With DOL on the prowl, it's time to check your OT practices
- NJ Supreme Court says contractors may qualify for whistle-Blower protection
- Top 10 things to know about North Carolina Wage and Hour Act