The U.S. Department of Labor last month published an updated version of its model COBRA election notice, which health plans must provide to departing workers to notify them of their options for continued health insurance.
At the same time, the DOL published model notices that employers can use to tell employees about their options for buying health insurance through the new government-run state exchanges. Employers must begin providing those notices—mandated by the Affordable Care Act—to current and new employees no later than Oct. 1.
Download model COBRA and state-exchange notices and read the guidance (Technical Release No. 2013-02) on the DOL's website.
- California Supreme Court rules on handling meal and rest periods
- Training, flex are rewards for good work at PwC
- California Supreme Court limits liability for independent contractor's injuries
- Worker fired for lack of wheels is eligible for unemployment
- Variable pay strategy: Teach workers to 'manage the boss'