The U.S. Department of Labor last month published an updated version of its model COBRA election notice, which health plans must provide to departing workers to notify them of their options for continued health insurance.
At the same time, the DOL published model notices that employers can use to tell employees about their options for buying health insurance through the new government-run state exchanges. Employers must begin providing those notices—mandated by the Affordable Care Act—to current and new employees no later than Oct. 1.
Download model COBRA and state-exchange notices and read the guidance (Technical Release No. 2013-02) on the DOL's website.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Regs detail reconciliation and reporting under the ACA
- Mattel offers paid leave for school activities, volunteering
- Creative perks from this year's '100 Best Companies to Work For' list
- 8 questions help you make the contractor vs. employee call