Novant Health Care is telling its employees and the North Carolina communities where they work about the positive impact a big employer can have. The 11-hospital system is boosting its image by releasing an economic impact analysis that revealed the organization’s activities generated nearly $5.9 billion of economic activity in North Carolina last year.
The key message: Novant employed 21,288 North Carolinians last year, and supported more than 44,400 total jobs statewide.
“Novant Health is known throughout the state of North Carolina for its programs, services and remarkable patient experience,” President and CCO Carl Armato said in a statement. “What may not be understood is our significant impact on the North Carolina economy. We drive jobs, tax revenue and overall economic output in our state.”
He noted that the more the community knows about Novant, the better it is for the company, in terms of employee recruiting, fundraising and attracting patients.
Contact: Caryn Klebba of Novant Health, (704) 384-3909.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What are the ramifications of disclosing information during preliminary negotiations?
- Coping with seriously ill employees and inquisitive co-workers
- Give managers a refresher on retaliation risks
- Safety focus drives Ford's onboarding for hourly workers