Taking a page from Twitter, which limits users to 140 characters per message, Pizza Hut invited applicants for a digital manager position to pitch themselves in just 140 seconds.
Four hours of speed interviews were conducted by Caroline Masullo, Pizza Hut’s director of digital and social marketing, who likened the quick pitches to an “elevator speech.” She said they revealed how well job candidates could communicate quickly and concisely with consumers who have become accustomed to getting their information that way.
Masullo asked applicants why they should get the job of “manager of digital greatness,” and threw in some specific questions that tested their knowledge of social media.
Contact: Doug Terfehr of Pizza Hut, (314) 550-0934.
- Appeal to 50+ staff with tailored benefits, relevant messages
- Beware legal traps of hiring online reference checkers
- Keep age out of mix when deciding who gets education benefits
- Members of protected group flunk job test? Make sure bosses aren't manipulating system
- Use personality tests as tool, not stand-in, for hiring process