Taking a page from Twitter, which limits users to 140 characters per message, Pizza Hut invited applicants for a digital manager position to pitch themselves in just 140 seconds.
Four hours of speed interviews were conducted by Caroline Masullo, Pizza Hut’s director of digital and social marketing, who likened the quick pitches to an “elevator speech.” She said they revealed how well job candidates could communicate quickly and concisely with consumers who have become accustomed to getting their information that way.
Masullo asked applicants why they should get the job of “manager of digital greatness,” and threw in some specific questions that tested their knowledge of social media.
Contact: Doug Terfehr of Pizza Hut, (314) 550-0934.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Strengthen your referral system
- Don't assume casual laborers are contractors—and don't neglect workers' comp insurance
- Don't let managers hire or fire based on family health costs
- Do we have to provide a job application even if we're not hiring?