Taking a page from Twitter, which limits users to 140 characters per message, Pizza Hut invited applicants for a digital manager position to pitch themselves in just 140 seconds.
Four hours of speed interviews were conducted by Caroline Masullo, Pizza Hut’s director of digital and social marketing, who likened the quick pitches to an “elevator speech.” She said they revealed how well job candidates could communicate quickly and concisely with consumers who have become accustomed to getting their information that way.
Masullo asked applicants why they should get the job of “manager of digital greatness,” and threw in some specific questions that tested their knowledge of social media.
Contact: Doug Terfehr of Pizza Hut, (314) 550-0934.
- Hooah! Oorah! Hooyah! Vets' hiring outlook brightens
- Whole Foods employees vote on new team members
- Track reasons why you hired or rejected every applicant
- How to work with GINA--the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- HR Groups Rally Around Legislation to Create New Electronic Verification System