Sure, fishermen and loggers have jobs so dangerous that they warrant their own reality TV shows. That doesn’t mean office work is without peril.
According to the personal injury law firm Brent & Adams Associates, these are among the most common workers’ comp-worthy maladies:
- Repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Lifting injuries
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Electrical shocks from faulty wiring
- Injuries resulting from tripping on stairs or loose carpeting
- Deep-vein thrombosis, caused by prolonged sitting
- Strains from bending or falling out of unstable desk chairs.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Voluntary programs offer home, auto insurance discounts
- Hotel staff learns about better service by mixing drinks
- Don't consider FMLA leave when tallying employee's 'excessive' absences
- Contain runaway diabetes costs with screening, education