Sure, fishermen and loggers have jobs so dangerous that they warrant their own reality TV shows. That doesn’t mean office work is without peril.
According to the personal injury law firm Brent & Adams Associates, these are among the most common workers’ comp-worthy maladies:
- Repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Lifting injuries
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Electrical shocks from faulty wiring
- Injuries resulting from tripping on stairs or loose carpeting
- Deep-vein thrombosis, caused by prolonged sitting
- Strains from bending or falling out of unstable desk chairs.
- Insisting on '100% healed' may violate FMLA rules
- HR decisions don't have to be based on foolproof evidence—just good faith
- Do a Passed-Over Worker's Complaints Against a New Boss Count as Harassment?
- Seek managers' help when planning for future staffing
- Light a Fire Under Slow-to-Discipline Supervisors