Sure, fishermen and loggers have jobs so dangerous that they warrant their own reality TV shows. That doesn’t mean office work is without peril.
According to the personal injury law firm Brent & Adams Associates, these are among the most common workers’ comp-worthy maladies:
- Repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Lifting injuries
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Electrical shocks from faulty wiring
- Injuries resulting from tripping on stairs or loose carpeting
- Deep-vein thrombosis, caused by prolonged sitting
- Strains from bending or falling out of unstable desk chairs.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Federal minimum wage goes up—and so should your new posters
- The HR I.Q. Test: September '14
- Follow the certification trail when you suspect employee is gaming medical leave
- Webinar Wisdom: HR and Injury Management - 'I've Fallen and I Won't Get Up!'