Looking for a summer staff activity that’s a break from the usual barbecue? Try these inexpensive options:
- Volunteer. Task employees with picking a charity and coordinating a day’s worth of work. Cap it with an optional happy hour.
- Take a field trip. Yup, just like school kids. Charter yellow buses to visit a local museum or historic site. Pack box lunches.
- Organize a scavenger hunt. Pick a theme, hide prizes or “puzzle pieces” all over town and provide GPS coordinates. Teams can use smartphones to follow the clues.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- One stupid mistake is all it takes
- Economy has workers saying 'no' to vacation, 'yes' to OT
- Remind supervisors: Neglecting job descriptions, appraisals lead to trouble
- Discovered hostile environment? Fix the problem, ensure there's no repeat ... and rest easy