Looking for a summer staff activity that’s a break from the usual barbecue? Try these inexpensive options:
- Volunteer. Task employees with picking a charity and coordinating a day’s worth of work. Cap it with an optional happy hour.
- Take a field trip. Yup, just like school kids. Charter yellow buses to visit a local museum or historic site. Pack box lunches.
- Organize a scavenger hunt. Pick a theme, hide prizes or “puzzle pieces” all over town and provide GPS coordinates. Teams can use smartphones to follow the clues.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Bonuses bounce back, with push from the top
- On applications, arrests off limits; convictions fair game—With limits
- Firing employee who complained of harassment? Don't let alleged harasser play any role
- Personal dislike not enough to win discrimination lawsuit