Looking for a summer staff activity that’s a break from the usual barbecue? Try these inexpensive options:
- Volunteer. Task employees with picking a charity and coordinating a day’s worth of work. Cap it with an optional happy hour.
- Take a field trip. Yup, just like school kids. Charter yellow buses to visit a local museum or historic site. Pack box lunches.
- Organize a scavenger hunt. Pick a theme, hide prizes or “puzzle pieces” all over town and provide GPS coordinates. Teams can use smartphones to follow the clues.
- Hiding behind staffing agency won't protect you; temps can sue, too
- Pay & perks drive satisfaction, but HR perceives differently
- Thank you for applying: How to craft a tactful & lawful rejection letter
- NLRB settlement suggests employee Facebook posts are protected
- What's Working: 6 Hot Compensation & Benefits Best Practices