Looking for a summer staff activity that’s a break from the usual barbecue? Try these inexpensive options:
- Volunteer. Task employees with picking a charity and coordinating a day’s worth of work. Cap it with an optional happy hour.
- Take a field trip. Yup, just like school kids. Charter yellow buses to visit a local museum or historic site. Pack box lunches.
- Organize a scavenger hunt. Pick a theme, hide prizes or “puzzle pieces” all over town and provide GPS coordinates. Teams can use smartphones to follow the clues.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Court limits reach of obscure bias law: Discrimination case must stay in state court
- Sink the hook into coveted candidates
- Investigate in good faith and your credibility call will stand—even if wrong
- The HR Checklist: How would your practices stand up in court?