FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 20, 2013
Contact: Elizabeth Hall, Senior Web Editor
(800) 543-2055 (703) 905-8000
LinkedIn Group Members Provide Their Favorite Training Websites That Help Them in Their Careers
Falls Church, Va. — It’s essential for professionals to stay up to date with advancements and changes in their industry. By engaging in training, they can acquire skills to add to their résumés that will help them excel at their jobs and even get promoted. There are several websites that offer training to help professionals advance their abilities in a variety of computer programs, professional development and numerous other vital workplace skills.
To determine some of the most popular online training resources, Business Management Daily asked LinkedIn members to provide their favorite go-to training websites that help them build skills for their careers.
Here are the top five training resources on the web provided by LinkedIn group members:
- www.Alison.com: Offers free interactive multimedia certification and standards-based web courses on a diverse variety of topics, including customer service training, fundamentals of business law and foreign language skills.
- www.GCFLearnFree.org: Provides free training through video, audio, text and interactive activities for people who would like to improve their literacy, math and technology skills.
“There are a couple of free online training sites to brush up on different skills or computer programs,” says Karen Fordyce, a member of the Personal Assistant and Office Manager LinkedIn group. “The two I use are www.alison.com and www.gcflearnfree.org. Both are good and you learn at your own pace.”
“Thank you Karen [Fordyce] for the 2 links — www.alison.com and www.gcflearnfree.org — that you shared,” says Mary Lou Ramsey, another member of the Personal Assistant and Office Manager LinkedIn group. “I am looking into signing up for tutorials and classes right away!”
- www.Lynda.com: Helps people learn business, design and software skills to accomplish their personal and professional goals through video tutorials. Memberships start at $25/month, and the company offers a seven-day free trial.
“My new favorite is Lynda.com …,” says Stephanie Horning, a member of the Administrative Professional Today LinkedIn group. “As the ‘go-to geek’ in my office, I thrive on finding out the latest news on the many applications that I use on a daily basis, as well as finding out more about the ones I am curious about.”
- www.MindTools.com: Provides articles, quizzes, videos and downloadable e-courses on business-related skills to help professionals have successful careers. Offers both free and paid training.
“I'm completely enthralled with a site that I found yesterday called www.mindtools.com,” says Scott Nitzberg, a member of the Executive Assistants Plus+ LinkedIn group. “It's an instructive site that shows professionals the skills (e.g. Leadership, Problem Solving, Team Building, more) that businesses love to nurture in their managers and employees.”
- www.Pryor.com: Offers thousands of online training courses on topics like goal setting in the workplace and interpersonal communication.
“My favorite is the Fred Pryor online lessons,” says Cynthia Norton, a member of the Administrative Professional Today LinkedIn group. “Each takes only a small amount of time, but reminds me how to use essential skills.”
www.BusinessManagementDaily.com also provides several resources to help professionals gain important skills and excel in their careers, including training webinars, free special reports, articles and e-letter subscriptions.
Business Management Daily provides plain-English, actionable news, information and tips to busy professionals in the areas of human resources, leadership, management, administrative skills, office technology, employment law, tax and more. Subscribe to our free e-newsletters and download our free reports. Join our LinkedIn group, ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter at @BizDaily.
- New free special report will teach professionals to write effective meeting minutes
- Business Management Daily offers PACE accreditation through its training webinars
- Free video recording demonstrates how to design effective PowerPoint presentations
- New office documents help professionals achieve organized and productive work lives
- Business alert: How to make the transformation from admin to executive assistant