Staffing agencies conduct lots of drug tests—and hear lots of excuses when applicants fail. Scott Morefield, of AtWork Personnel Services, recounts these in the company’s blog:
- Most common after failed marijuana tests: “I was in the room with all my friends when they were doing it.”
- From someone who tested positive for crystal meth: “I took a lot of Coricidin D the night before.” (The decongestant is one of the main ingredients in the illegal stimulant d-methamphetamine.)
- Famous pre-test words that really were uttered: “Pot isn’t a drug, is it?”
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employee relocation: 5 ways to help your company survive the housing slump
- Beware asking applicants about medical histories before making job offer
- How long should we retain employee files?
- Immigrant glass in New Jersey: Is it half empty or half full?