Two bills introduced in the House and Senate would ban employment discrimination against gay and transgender employees and expand their.
The Employment Non-Discrimination Act would prohibit employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. TheInclusion Act would allow employees to take to care for a same-sex spouse or partner.
Few congressional observers expect the bills to pass.
- Even stupid remark won't sink legitimate discharge case
- Same offense, different discipline: Show why harsher punishment was warranted
- When handing out RIF pink slips, avoid age bias claims by offering good business reasons
- States up the ante in harassment liability
- OK to punish complainer if you find wrongdoing