Two bills introduced in the House and Senate would ban employment discrimination against gay and transgender employees and expand their.
The Employment Non-Discrimination Act would prohibit employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. TheInclusion Act would allow employees to take to care for a same-sex spouse or partner.
Few congressional observers expect the bills to pass.
- OK to terminate disabled employee if effort to accommodate is unsuccessful
- You can prohibit uncivil language as well as obviously offensive speech
- It's not discrimination if worker wasn't disciplined
- Track all discipline just in case employee sues
- Lesson from 'I'm too sexy for my shirt' case: Be alert to female-on-male harassment