Two bills introduced in the House and Senate would ban employment discrimination against gay and transgender employees and expand their.
The Employment Non-Discrimination Act would prohibit employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. TheInclusion Act would allow employees to take to care for a same-sex spouse or partner.
Few congressional observers expect the bills to pass.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't worry that an innocent mistake will doom your case
- Navigating the complexities of a layoff to avoid unnecessary risks
- A deal's a deal: Good settlements prevent subsequent litigation
- Race bias: Do the math ... or the EEOC will do it for you