Two bills introduced in the House and Senate would ban employment discrimination against gay and transgender employees and expand their.
The Employment Non-Discrimination Act would prohibit employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. TheInclusion Act would allow employees to take to care for a same-sex spouse or partner.
Few congressional observers expect the bills to pass.
- Personal dislike not enough to win discrimination lawsuit
- Can't explain pay difference? That's a problem
- Hire workers through temp agencies? Be alert for religious accommodation issues
- Don't let bias complaint stop legit discipline
- Go on offense to establish defense: Train staff in anti-harassment rules