Wedding bells chime loudest in the springtime. If you have employees who are getting hitched soon, help them start married life right by getting their HR documents in order.
The problem: Brides who take their husbands’ names and couples with hyphenated names suddenly don’t match a host of records.
The solution: Prepare an HR wedding package that includes an application for a new Social Security Card (download it at the SSA's website). Reminder: Newlyweds must get new cards with their new names before you change their payroll records. Include forms for updating:
- W-4 and state income tax withholding
- Direct-deposit information
- Health insurance plans, to add dependent coverage
- 401(k)/403(b) accounts, to name new beneficiaries.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35472/your-gift-for-newlyweds-fresh-hr-paperwork "
- How should we handle 1099s for retirees we can't track down?
- Credit reduction states named for 2011 FUTA returns
- OK to terminate pregnant employee sometimes; the PDA merely requires equal treatment
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws count
- Keep your cool and vanquish your tough summer pay problems