Wedding bells chime loudest in the springtime. If you have employees who are getting hitched soon, help them start married life right by getting their HR documents in order.
The problem: Brides who take their husbands’ names and couples with hyphenated names suddenly don’t match a host of records.
The solution: Prepare an HR wedding package that includes an application for a new Social Security Card (download it at the SSA's website). Reminder: Newlyweds must get new cards with their new names before you change their payroll records. Include forms for updating:
- W-4 and state income tax withholding
- Direct-deposit information
- Health insurance plans, to add dependent coverage
- 401(k)/403(b) accounts, to name new beneficiaries.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35472/your-gift-for-newlyweds-fresh-hr-paperwork "
- Balance due on your 2011 Form 940? Maybe not
- 9 ways to manage through change: Helping employees handle the stress of tough times
- Cruising: 2012 maximum car and SUV valuations set
- FMLA damages are payroll taxable, court rules
- OK to terminate pregnant employee sometimes; the PDA merely requires equal treatment