Employers taking part in a survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers last month said they planned to hire 2.1% more new college grads from the Class of 2013 than they did from the Class of 2012. Good news for young workers, right? Not so much.
Six months ago, those same employers projected they would be hiring 13% more. The unemployment rate for young, recent college graduates has averaged 8.8% for the past year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Health care reform: Will employers keep offering coverage?
- 211,000 reasons to make age-blind employment decisions: Employee can sue for mental anguish
- Run outsourcing like a business; it'll boost HR's image
- Disabled vet charges nepotism at Bay Pines VA