by Kimberly Deas
The BlackBerry Z10 is the newest smartphone from BlackBerry, formally Research in Motion. With a new operating system, this phone is a challenger for the iPhone and Android phones.
- New BlackBerry 10 operating system
- Virtual keyboard or traditional keyboard
- Fast and responsive processor
- 3.1-inch screen
- Lightweight handset
- Fast camera (did not see HDR or ISO settings)—8 megapixel shooter for images, 1080px HD video
- 2GB RAM / 16GB internal storage and MicroSQ card support
- No buttons on the front panel (power button on top, two volume buttons on the side, button to trigger voice control)
- Smaller, 1800 mAh battery, compared with most smartphones
- Red light to indicate messages (email, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- Micro-USB charger
- NFC antennae
- Screenshots: Hold down both the volume up and volume down simultaneously for a few seconds.
- To skip tracks in your music library use the volume up and the volume down keys once configured.
- Take quick pictures or start and stop videos (when the camera app is open) using the volume up and volume down keys.
- Swiping from the edge of the screen, you can use the app-switcher and app launcher.
- Swiping up shows you up to eight apps running. This is the default gesture.
Kimberly Deas combines her 10+ years’ experience in telecommunications with a background in personal coaching and results-oriented training.