Gone are the days of needing to write notes on easily destroyed scraps of paper that clutter your desk. Instead, try one of these note-taking applications, Verne Kopytoff writes.
- Evernote. With 50 million users, online availability and on iOS and Android devices, it’s the most popular note-taking app. Evernote allows you to organize, search and share your text, audio and photo notes.
- Simplenote. Similar to Evernote, it’s available only on iOS devices and the web.
- Notability. Available only as an iPad app, Notability is great for creative types. You can highlight, draw pictures and add notes to your Notability documents.
- Catch. It’s available online as well as on iOS and Android devices and covers all the basic functions the other apps do.
- Keep. This is Google’s new note-taking app. It’s still very basic and may or may not become a worthy competitor.
— Adapted from “5 apps to track your every idea,” Verne Kopytoff, Fortune magazine at CNNMoney.