Kaiser Permanente Chairman and CEO George Halvorson has written enough letters to his staff to fill a book.
His compilation of 101 letters has been published as KP Inside: 101 Letters to Us at Kaiser Permanente. The lengthy letters, which Halvorson wrote personally, were sent to the health care organization’s 180,000 physicians and employees every Friday for the past five years. Filled with facts, they detail accomplishments by employees and the organization, report innovation and discuss strides in health technology, care delivery, patient safety and disease prevention.
Halvorson calls them “celebration letters.”
“One thing I learned over the past 10 years as CEO is that one very effective way to encourage success in the future is to celebrate the successes of today,” Halvorson said when he announced the book. KP Inside is available through amazon.com.
Contact: Sheryl Fishman of Kaiser Permanente, (510) 271-5859.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What should we do about consensual relationship between manager and subordinate?
- Use your Internet policy to justify terminating potentially dangerous employee
- Texas Workers' Compensation Act
- Investigate even when employee complains belatedly