Columbus, Ohio-based CallCopy is recruiting engineers for future job openings by inviting Ohio State University engineering majors to shadow the organization’s professionals on the job.
The maker of call recording devices and customer service call center software invited engineering majors to observe its employees at work, to ask questions and learn more about the organization.
HR Director Chris Rutter says developing a good relationship with the university helps the company attract full-time engineering interns, including some who might transition into permanent staff members.
During the day the students spend shadowing the engineers, the company talks up its suite of, which include family picnics, casino nights, monthly employee outings, a Halloween costume contest, free snacks and local gym memberships.
Contact: Chris Rutter, (617) 340-3346.
- Using subjective hiring factors? Make sure you can clearly explain later
- How should we structure an anti-nepotism policy?
- Hire the best: 5 questions to spot strong soft skills
- HR as mobsters: Supreme Court lets workers use organized-Crime law to sue their employers
- Becoming an HR temp: One step back to take a step forward?