Columbus, Ohio-based CallCopy is recruiting engineers for future job openings by inviting Ohio State University engineering majors to shadow the organization’s professionals on the job.
The maker of call recording devices and customer service call center software invited engineering majors to observe its employees at work, to ask questions and learn more about the organization.
HR Director Chris Rutter says developing a good relationship with the university helps the company attract full-time engineering interns, including some who might transition into permanent staff members.
During the day the students spend shadowing the engineers, the company talks up its suite of, which include family picnics, casino nights, monthly employee outings, a Halloween costume contest, free snacks and local gym memberships.
Contact: Chris Rutter, (617) 340-3346.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Prepare for lawsuit if you change hiring criteria in middle of selection process
- Insist that managers conduct interviews--even if they already 'know' who's best for the job
- Personnel files: What to keep, and where
- Before negotiating, do a pay check