Wage-and-hour litigation is the fastest-growing employment law threat employers face, according to a study by the Crowell & Moring law firm. Alarm bell: It costs an average of $5.8 million to settle a wage-and-hour case, largely because so many are class-action lawsuits.
The firm warns that exempt/nonexempt misclassification cases will continue to be particularly troublesome because of more vigorous government enforcement.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35290/prepare-for-more-and-more-expensive-pay-litigation "
- OK to cut returning veteran's job if decision wasn't based on military status
- Good records make it easy to justify discipline
- Warn supervisors: No angry responses to employee complaints
- You may not even see EEOC complaint until lawsuit hits
- Your 10-point checklist for ensuring an NLRA-compliant handbook