Thomas Perez, the Obama administration’s pick to become Secretary of Labor, can expect tough questions from Republican senators when he sits down for confirmation hearings on April 18.
Critics say Perez, head of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division since late 2009, has been soft on illegal immigration. Less controversial: His advocacy for strong ADA enforcement.
Despite GOP objections, congressional handicappers expect Perez to be confirmed to replace former Labor Secretary Hilda Solis.
- If you need to discipline, verify facts with several sources
- Take 10: How to handle the California Labor Code mandate to provide midshift breaks
- Philadelphia pushing for more diverse union work force
- North Carolina Wage Payment and Collection Act
- Try to accommodate employee's religion-- but don't automatically agree if it's a burden