Thomas Perez, the Obama administration’s pick to become Secretary of Labor, can expect tough questions from Republican senators when he sits down for confirmation hearings on April 18.
Critics say Perez, head of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division since late 2009, has been soft on illegal immigration. Less controversial: His advocacy for strong ADA enforcement.
Despite GOP objections, congressional handicappers expect Perez to be confirmed to replace former Labor Secretary Hilda Solis.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35211/labor-nominee-perez-faces-resistance-from-gop-senators "
- Act fast on harassment claims, even if employee delayed
- 'I'm having health problems': 7 steps for handling the interactive conversation
- New York's disability law is far more lenient than ADA
- Noncompete agreements protect against the competitor working in your midst
- Don't leave victim in doubt about response to harassment