Business travel can be tough, but it’s a lot easier when you pack the right accessories for the journey. Business Insider reporter Mandi Woodruff talked to top travelers to learn their lists of must-pack items.
- Wi-Fi hotspot. These small and easy-to carry devices let you connect to the Internet and get work done anywhere there’s a 4G network.
- GPS device. It’s expensive to get the GPS option on a rental car, so bring your own device or download an application for your smartphone to help you find your destination.
- Paperwork- apps. Passbook lets you compile all of your boarding passes, tickets, discount cards and coupons in one place on your smartphone. Lemon lets you easily upload photos of your receipts, compile summary reports, track expenses and search for specific items on receipts. Then print or email everything to include with your official expense report.
- U.S. Trusted Traveler membership. For $100 and a , you can get five years in this U.S. Customs and Border Protection program that lets you go through security lines faster.
- Reusable water bottle with a built-in filter. The Camelback Groove, AquaGear and other filtration bottles remove 99% of tap water contaminants.
- Small first aid kit. Pack essentials: aspirin, bandages, cough drops, etc.
- Change of clothes. If your checked luggage gets lost, you’ll be able to carry on with a spare outfit.
- Refreshing supplies. A pocket-size toothbrush, tube of toothpaste and facial wipes will help you feel better in no time.
- Some simple snacks. What you pack will be cheaper and healthier than what you can buy on the road, and it will save you time in line at restaurants and shops.
- Extra chargers. Always have backup chargers for your essential electronic devices so you don’t lose power in a crunch.
— Adapted from “13 Things Every Business Traveler Should Pack in Their Carry-On,” Mandi Woodruff, Business Insider.
Online resource: For more resources and savvy traveler tips to help you and your boss, see "Power tools of frequent travelers."
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35209/what-to-pack-in-a-business-carry-on-bag "