When the job gets too far out of whack, it’s probably time for you to move on and even in this still-difficult economy, there are plenty of opportunities to do so, says Glassdoor career and workplace expert Heather Huhman.
She offers 10 signs that it’s time for you to let your old job go and look for a new one:
- Your company is in a death spiral. Times are tough for plenty of companies, but if things are really going badly, you need to bail before the ship sinks.
- You’re bored. If you aren’t being challenged, you probably aren’t doing your best work. You can talk to your supervisor about getting new assignments and if that’s not possible, look for a different position in your company or at another one.
- You aren’t learning anything. If you aren’t gaining new skills, it may be time to find a new job where you can.
- Your health is suffering. If your job is causing you large amounts of stress, anxiety and fear, your health can start to suffer. Don’t stay at a job that’s making you sick.
- You spot a great new opportunity. If a new opportunity presents itself and sparks your interest, it may be a sign you’re ready to move on to a new challenge.
- You’re having work nightmares. It’s OK to have dreams about work, but if they turn into recurring nightmares, that’s probably a sign it’s time to move on.
- Your gut is telling you to go. If you have a strong feeling you’d be happier elsewhere, then you probably would.
- You and your company have a values mismatch. If your company’s vision and values clash with yours, it’s going to be very hard for you to work there long term.
- You’ve lost sight of your career goals. It’s easy to get comfortable, but if you aren’t making progress, it’s time to get up and get going.
- Your company or co-workers aren’t treating you well. If you’re experiencing bullying, sexual harassment or other mistreatment and human resources isn’t helping you, then you need to move on.
— Adapted from “10 Signs It’s Time To Break Up With Your Job,” Heather Huhman, Glassdoor Blog.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35197/when-good-jobs-go-bad "