The IRS has released regulations to explain the hefty penalties that covered employers would face under the Affordable Care Act if they fail to offer employee health insurance starting in 2014. Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
To discover how to correctly make an employee head count to see if you must “play or pay” under the ACA’s mandate, check out "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Office romance: Don't ban it; manage it the right way
- Are you a prime contractor? Beware liability for your subs' safety violations
- Arbitrators can decide post-termination retaliation
- Reporting suspected harassment doesn't always equal 'Protected activity'