The IRS has released regulations to explain the hefty penalties that covered employers would face under the Affordable Care Act if they fail to offer employee health insurance starting in 2014. Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
To discover how to correctly make an employee head count to see if you must “play or pay” under the ACA’s mandate, check out "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Charitable donation OK in lieu of union dues
- RIFs and age bias suits: Understand the power of statistics
- Seek legal assistance when negotiating contract terms with union
- Warn bosses: No retaliation against whistleblowers who report wrongdoing