The IRS has released regulations to explain the hefty penalties that covered employers would face under the Affordable Care Act if they fail to offer employee health insurance starting in 2014. Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
To discover how to correctly make an employee head count to see if you must “play or pay” under the ACA’s mandate, check out "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- Don't tolerate threats, even if they occur during conversation about possible discrimination
- Using the Supreme Court's model to prevent employment lawsuits
- Nursing mom protected from discrimination? Maybe
- Add early-Termination clauses to all employment contracts
- OSHA site helps prevent work-related hearing loss