The IRS has released regulations to explain the hefty penalties that covered employers would face under the Affordable Care Act if they fail to offer employee health insurance starting in 2014. Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
To discover how to correctly make an employee head count to see if you must “play or pay” under the ACA’s mandate, check out "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- Employee should have given firm a chance to stop harassment
- 'Last-Chance agreements' are reasonable accommodations for substance abuse
- Courts rule Schwarzenegger's state furloughs were improper
- Can employee reveal names of his co-workers?
- Mere days of harassment mean lawsuit when 'Constructive discharge' is involved