The IRS has released regulations to explain the hefty penalties that covered employers would face under the Affordable Care Act if they fail to offer employee health insurance starting in 2014. Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
To discover how to correctly make an employee head count to see if you must “play or pay” under the ACA’s mandate, check out "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Supreme Court asked to rule on legality of class-action waivers
- Is there any way to keep staff from speaking with former employee's attorney?
- Violent reaction from boss may trigger retaliation lawsuit
- Know the NLRA: Unionized or not, labor law applies to you