The IRS has released regulations to explain the hefty penalties that covered employers would face under the Affordable Care Act if they fail to offer employee health insurance starting in 2014. Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
To discover how to correctly make an employee head count to see if you must “play or pay” under the ACA’s mandate, check out "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Co-worker violence blamed on psychological disability: Can we ask for a medical certification?
- New pay on the way: Update on New York wage-and-hour law
- Supreme Court Rules on the Admissibility of 'Me Too' Testimony in Discrimination Cases
- Small, but vital, function of a job may make it 'essential' under ADA