The IRS has released regulations to explain the hefty penalties that covered employers would face under the Affordable Care Act if they fail to offer employee health insurance starting in 2014. Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
To discover how to correctly make an employee head count to see if you must “play or pay” under the ACA’s mandate, check out "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- New for New York employers: union posters, NYC religious accommodation
- Don't cut filing period in arbitration agreement
- What are the implications for employers of Illinois' new civil union law?
- You can punish employees for improperly sharing salary information—in some cases
- Duquesne Law revisits the lawsuit that wouldn't die