After the recent death of a 21-year-old temporary worker on his first day at a Bacardi Bottling plant, OSHA issued a public warning, reminding that “employers must train all employees, including temporary workers, on the hazards specific to that workplace, before they start.”
OSHA fined Bacardi $192,000 for the safety violations that led to the death.
- Make firing decisions locally so possible lawsuit can't morph into something larger
- Can we terminate employee who has used all FMLA leave but still needs time off?
- Report blasts Austin's construction safety record
- New tool when employees defect to competition: bonus forfeiture
- Independent investigations by HR remove bosses' biases