After the recent death of a 21-year-old temporary worker on his first day at a Bacardi Bottling plant, OSHA issued a public warning, reminding that “employers must train all employees, including temporary workers, on the hazards specific to that workplace, before they start.”
OSHA fined Bacardi $192,000 for the safety violations that led to the death.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Lancaster nurse fired after refusing influenza vaccine
- California Supreme Court makes independent contractor status tougher for motor carriers
- Firing OK if FMLA return date isn't honored
- Can we require employees to waive their rights to file an EEOC charge?