After the recent death of a 21-year-old temporary worker on his first day at a Bacardi Bottling plant, OSHA issued a public warning, reminding that “employers must train all employees, including temporary workers, on the hazards specific to that workplace, before they start.”
OSHA fined Bacardi $192,000 for the safety violations that led to the death.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware constructive discharge: When work is so intolerable, employee feels he must quit
- New economic stimulus law will find HR working closely with accounting
- Retaliation...It's All Relative After Supreme Court Ruling
- Owner, foreman get jail time for worker's fatal plummet