After the recent death of a 21-year-old temporary worker on his first day at a Bacardi Bottling plant, OSHA issued a public warning, reminding that “employers must train all employees, including temporary workers, on the hazards specific to that workplace, before they start.”
OSHA fined Bacardi $192,000 for the safety violations that led to the death.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can disclaimers keep handbooks from becoming employment contracts?
- Use plain language on work documents so everyone can understand them
- Handle sticky-fingered employees with kid gloves
- Cut health insurance costs by uncovering ineligible dependents