1. According to a new survey, what do employees fear most in the workplace?
a. Making a crucial mistake in their jobs
b. Speaking in front of a group
c. Dealing with difficult employees/customers
2. According to a Harvard Medical School study, what percentage of U.S. workers fail to get enough sleep to function at peak levels, costing U.S. companies $63 billion in lost productivity?
3. Federal law makes it mandatory for what group to use the E-Verify electronic system to verify immigration work status?
a. Employers with 100 or more workers
b. Employers that are more than five years old
c. Federal contractors
4. For an employer to qualify for OSHA’s “Quick Fix” 15% reduction in fines, it must do what?
a. Fix the hazard within seven days
b. Fix the hazard within 24 hours
c. Fix the hazard by the time the inspector leaves the building
5. Which revised government form must employers begin using before May 7, 2013?
b. The I-9
c. The new H-1B visa
6. President Obama is pushing Congress to increase the federal minimum wage from $7.25 per hour to:
a. $9.00 per hour
b. $9.50 per hour
c. $10.35 per hour
Sources: 1. Accountemps survey; 2. Harvard Medical School study; 3. USCIS; 4. OSHA; 5. USCIS; 6. WhiteHouse.gov.
Answers: 1. a 2. b 3. c 4. b 5. b 6. a