The irony wasn’t lost on execs at online travel giant Expedia when they learned that most of its employees weren’t taking all of their vacation time. So the Bellevue, Wash.-based organization started paying them to go.
An annual travel allowance helps fund employees’ vacation travel during their downtime.
The company also offers employees an annual fitness allowance for gym memberships, weight-loss programs and activities like skiing. In addition, Expedia has an on-site health clinic, where employees and their family members can receive primary health care services, even on Saturdays.
Contact: Connie Symes, EVP of HR at Expedia, (425) 679-4317.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What are the pay rules when we have to close because of an emergency?
- Feds crack down on 401(k) hardship withdrawals
- To pay or not to pay for donning & doffing?
- Take 10: How to handle the California Labor Code mandate to provide midshift breaks