The irony wasn’t lost on execs at online travel giant Expedia when they learned that most of its employees weren’t taking all of their vacation time. So the Bellevue, Wash.-based organization started paying them to go.
An annual travel allowance helps fund employees’ vacation travel during their downtime.
The company also offers employees an annual fitness allowance for gym memberships, weight-loss programs and activities like skiing. In addition, Expedia has an on-site health clinic, where employees and their family members can receive primary health care services, even on Saturdays.
Contact: Connie Symes, EVP of HR at Expedia, (425) 679-4317.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Mortgage banker offers playful perks on the job
- Go ahead and trim the tree--while keeping your party liability-free
- Can temps clock in using the same procedures as our regular employees?
- Can we ask our employees to keep mum about their bonuses?