The IRS has released regulations for determining the hefty penalties that apply when Affordable Care Act-covered employers fail to offer health insurance to employees starting in 2014. The rules seem daunting, but it’s critical to understand them—and to share them with your colleagues in accounting.
Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Make firing decisions locally so possible lawsuit can't morph into something larger
- NLRB, OSHA pact gives longer life to whistle-blower claims
- Beware! Courts giving more leeway to employees who act as their own attorneys
- Supreme Court will address key employment law cases this term