The IRS has released regulations for determining the hefty penalties that apply when Affordable Care Act-covered employers fail to offer health insurance to employees starting in 2014. The rules seem daunting, but it’s critical to understand them—and to share them with your colleagues in accounting.
Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
- Does the Florida Workers' Comp Law require pre-suit notice in retaliation cases?
- Can we terminate now an employee who we know can't return from FMLA leave?
- Texas' new hiring law should help employers and convicts
- Employee filed for workers' comp? Careful with layoff
- A good reference for a good worker, even though we fired him?