The IRS has released regulations for determining the hefty penalties that apply when Affordable Care Act-covered employers fail to offer health insurance to employees starting in 2014. The rules seem daunting, but it’s critical to understand them—and to share them with your colleagues in accounting.
Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- More reason to encourage safety: OSHA airing your dirty laundry
- For pay statements, does 'total hours worked' include vacation and PTO?
- Merely speaking about need for diversity isn't protected
- Green Brook Township settles race harassment case