The IRS has released regulations for determining the hefty penalties that apply when Affordable Care Act-covered employers fail to offer health insurance to employees starting in 2014. The rules seem daunting, but it’s critical to understand them—and to share them with your colleagues in accounting.
Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Miami DEA officer wins bias suit, claims transfer was retaliation
- Proceed with caution when making health-related inquiries
- Florida Commission to Hold Employment-Law Conference
- Minimize chance of retaliation suit by insulating new boss from past bias claims