The IRS has released regulations for determining the hefty penalties that apply when Affordable Care Act-covered employers fail to offer health insurance to employees starting in 2014. The rules seem daunting, but it’s critical to understand them—and to share them with your colleagues in accounting.
Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
- You may have to pay for worker's sexual harassment defense
- Use new EEOC manual to ensure your benefits don't discriminate
- Don't punish staff for off-site political comments, but at work, it's your call
- The court affirms: Your employee has the right to an attorney
- Are we liable for injuries to the cleaning crew?