The IRS has released regulations for determining the hefty penalties that apply when Affordable Care Act-covered employers fail to offer health insurance to employees starting in 2014. The rules seem daunting, but it’s critical to understand them—and to share them with your colleagues in accounting.
Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Defuse the 5 biggest telecommuter legal threats
- Unions at your doorstep: The ABCs of EFCA … and how to respond
- Don't fire before knowing employee can't return from leave
- Good news: Employees have just two years to file sales commission complaints