The IRS has released regulations for determining the hefty penalties that apply when Affordable Care Act-covered employers fail to offer health insurance to employees starting in 2014. The rules seem daunting, but it’s critical to understand them—and to share them with your colleagues in accounting.
Read more (including a compliance flowchart) in "Health benefit safe harbors put Payroll in the driver's seat."
- What are the details on the recent amendment to the Illinois Human Rights Act?
- No separate Ohio wrongful-discharge claim for disability discrimination
- Work to accommodate disability, but know when to fold
- Planning for the worst: Implementing a workplace violence policy
- OSHA's visit to Imperial Sugar too late, unions say