You know how important a positive air is to success and happiness—to the point where, if you don’t feel it, manufacture it.
Try these tactics:
- If you don’t feel well and are asked about it, say, “I could use a little more energy.”
- Avoid saying “can’t.”
- Eliminate destructive words and phrases from your vocabulary, words like “I hate it when ….”
- Begin and end your emails, your elevator chats and your day with positive thoughts.
- Avoid complainers. They may be right, but they’ll wear you out before you can solve the problem.
- Imagine you’re wearing an invisible, shield that deflects all negative energy.
- Control your reaction to bad situations, and never waver from the belief that you will succeed.
— Adapted from Three Simple Steps, Trevor Blake, BenBella Books.