The typical administrative professional …
- Is a 45-year-old woman
- Has at least an associate’s degree from a college or university.
- Holds the title of “administrative assistant” or “executive assistant.”
- Has at least 15 years of work experience.
- Supports at least 3 managers and/or executives.
- Works for a company with at least 500 employees.
- Earns an hourly wage equal to about $45,000 a year.
- Is responsible for troubleshooting office software and training others how to use it.
- Makes purchasing decisions worth about $15,000 a year for their office.
Source: IAAP Administrative Professionals Benchmarking Survey