Seattle-based Slalom Consulting guarantees its employees that all of its clients are local, so they don’t have to travel if they don’t want to.
That guarantee draws travel-weary consultants and new grads who don’t want to stray too far from home who, in turn, keep hiring and retention rates high, say company execs. That model is duplicated in its offices all over the country.
The $375 million information technology organization offers other morale-boosting perks, including staff meetings at fun venues and monthly birthday parties for employees.
And, in response to employee suggestions, the firm recently increased the number of days in each employee’s PTO, allows unlimited training for consultants, and encourages staff members to use work time to flesh out ideas for company products and services.
Contact: John Tobin, national general manager, (206) 438-5700.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Must all hours count toward OT 'total hours'?
- Check your pay rates! Obvious male/female disparity is probably 'willful' discrimination
- What should we do? We suspect string of workplace injuries might be workers' comp fraud
- Contractor paying back wages to Sandy cleanup employees