Oddly, determining how many employees you have is one of the trickiest parts of the health care reform law. The answer matters: You could wind up paying big penalties next year if you miscalculate.
The IRS aims to make the head count easier with guidance issued in February. Find the still-complex details by reading "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- Contractor or employee? FedEx enters Round 2
- Beware the tipping point: Setting up tip pool often requires expert legal advice
- Employee eligible for unemployment comp if he quits because hours have dried up
- Informal hiring input does not an exec make
- Contractor or employee? New IRS audits turn up heat on worker misclassification