Oddly, determining how many employees you have is one of the trickiest parts of the health care reform law. The answer matters: You could wind up paying big penalties next year if you miscalculate.
The IRS aims to make the head count easier with guidance issued in February. Find the still-complex details by reading "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- SoCal fashion company owes $887K in unpaid wages, overtime
- Obama administration publishes final rule on excepted benefits
- Federal minimum wage takes another 70-Cent jump in July—Rising to $6.55
- Don't assume casual laborers are contractors—and don't neglect workers' comp insurance