Oddly, determining how many employees you have is one of the trickiest parts of the health care reform law. The answer matters: You could wind up paying big penalties next year if you miscalculate.
The IRS aims to make the head count easier with guidance issued in February. Find the still-complex details by reading "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- St. Paul paid sick leave law takes effect next July
- What is California's law concerning leave for school-related activities?
- Do your health assessment questions violate new GINA law?
- NYC bakery workers get dough as part of DOL wage settlement