Oddly, determining how many employees you have is one of the trickiest parts of the health care reform law. The answer matters: You could wind up paying big penalties next year if you miscalculate.
The IRS aims to make the head count easier with guidance issued in February. Find the still-complex details by reading "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- Women have up to three years to file equal-Pay lawsuits under the EPA
- No pay? No doubt you will face a lawsuit!
- Prepare for the crackdown: DOL focuses on wage underpayment
- Psychiatric Records Off-Limits in Certain Investigations
- Provide wage statements to all employees--even if they can't give a Social Security number