Oddly, determining how many employees you have is one of the trickiest parts of the health care reform law. The answer matters: You could wind up paying big penalties next year if you miscalculate.
The IRS aims to make the head count easier with guidance issued in February. Find the still-complex details by reading "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Some computer jobs exempt from EPA/FLSA protection
- Different jobs on different days: How do we pay?
- Complicated compensation formula? Prepare to spell out all details in court
- Don't even think about going without workers' compensation insurance