Oddly, determining how many employees you have is one of the trickiest parts of the health care reform law. The answer matters: You could wind up paying big penalties next year if you miscalculate.
The IRS aims to make the head count easier with guidance issued in February. Find the still-complex details by reading "IRS issues regs on ACA's employer play-or-pay provision."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What should we do? We suspect string of workplace injuries might be workers' comp fraud
- Independent contractor alert: Feds on the lookout for misclassification
- Problems with obtaining FMLA and wage-and-Hour releases
- Firm teams up with Pentagon to hire military spouses