Among Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” are 11 with extras so unusual that the magazine singled them out as “top perks”:
- New hires at Intel get red-carpet treatment on their first day at work: As they walk toward a stage where they will introduce themselves, a slew of company photographers and videographers record the moment.
- Skylar employees and their family members who take to their beds during an illness can borrow medical beds like the ones the company sells to hospitals to help keep patients’ bodies immobile while allowing medical staff to reposition them.
- Ten-year employees of JM Family Enterprises celebrate the milestone with a company-paid weekend getaway at a resort in Boca Raton, Fla., just a few miles away from the organization’s headquarters. And they do it again every five years as long as they’re at the company.
- San Diego-based Qualcom hosts a weekly farmers market so employees can shop for fresh produce.
- Hitachi Data Systems takes summer “dog days” seriously: It allows employees to bring their pooches to work one day for a pet fair with groomers, retailers and trainers—and a talent show.
- Ice cream is an every-other-Friday treat during the summer at Plante Moran, which invites Good Humor trucks to the campus during lunch hour.
- Employee sports teams at Allianz compete against colleagues in 70 countries during an international “Olympics” hosted by the organization once every four years. The 2010 games were in Budapest.
- Whenever a Google employee dies, his or her spouse or domestic partner receives half of the person’s salary every year for 10 years.
- Dreamworks Animation credits every employee $25 a month to use at the company’s print center to print photos or make calendars and greeting cards.
- Managers at Hilcorp Energy have leeway and the budget to reward their employees with personalized bonuses. The magazine mentions past awards like horseback riding and lessons in throwing horseshoes.
- Quick Trip stocks the desks of new employees with tubs of candy to sweeten the chances that colleagues will stop by to introduce themselves.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34699/11-top-perks-from-fortunes-best "
- Your dollars at risk: 6 ways to protect yourself from personal liability
- TD Bank equalizes taxes for domestic partners
- Ledbetter's lesson: Revamp salary guidelines to make pay as fair as possible
- If pieceworker has downtime, you must pay at least minimum wage for those hours
- Different pay for men and women? Prepare to explain 'other than sex' factors