It's time to replace thatposter in your break room ... again.
By March 8, 2013, employers covered under the FMLA (those with 50 or more employees) must display the new version of the Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the . Act poster
This most recent version of the one-page poster includes new changes to FMLA rights relating to militaryand military caregiver leave. Plus, it includes technical changes for FMLA eligibility for airline flight crews and flight attendants.
Those changes were originally approved by Congress in 2008 and 2009. On Feb. 5, 2013—which was also the 20th anniversary of the signing of the poster, a fact sheet on the amendments and a new Em...(register to read more)in 1993—the U.S. Department of Labor issued final regulations that implement and clarify the military and flight-crew changes. At the same time, the DOL published an updated version of the employer
- Cancer doc says he was fired for FMLA advocacy
- Employee returning from FMLA leave? OK to assign her to different, equivalent job
- Cut slack on notification requirement when emergency clearly signals FMLA need
- Can we reclassify past leave as FMLA?
- When whistle-Blowing is involved, discharge reasons must be rock-Solid