1. If a company _____________, 56% of young workers (age 18-30) say they would either not accept a job or would ignore the policy.
a. Banned the access of social media at work
b. Required hourly email check-ins during waking hours
c. Banned romantic relationships among staff
2. Which landmark employment law turned 20 years old last month?
a. Age Discrimination in Employment Act
c. Americans with Disabilities Act
3. In this law’s first year, federal investigators cited 36 companies for violation of the law that requires employers to:
a. Give employees time and space to express breast milk
b. Let employees take leave for their children’s school events
c. Keep photographs on file of every new hire
4. About 36% of public workers belong to a union. What percentage of private-sector employees were members of a union in 2012?
5. OSHA requires many employers to post what information in their workplaces from Feb. 1 to April 30 each year?
a. List of identifiable hazards in the workplace
b. Summary of injuries and illnesses from the previous year
c. List of top 10 “least healthy” employees on the payroll
6. What percentage of U.S. employees say they “often” or “sometimes” feel underutilized in their jobs?
Sources: 1. Cisco survey; 2. U.S. Department of Labor; 3. U.S. Department of Labor; 4. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; 5. OSHA; 6. Lee Hecht Harrison survey.
Answers: 1. a 2. b 3. a 4. c 5. b 6. c
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34650/the-hr-iq-test-march-13 "
- Beware: 1 racist boss may cause class-action
- Take these 6 steps to defuse a volatile confrontation
- The key is consistency: Similar wrongdoings deserve similar discipline
- Carrot or stick? Motivating managers to finish reviews
- Stick with termination decision--and don't hint that you're open to reconsidering