Run down this list to see if your behavior aligns with the “high influence style” of. You:
- Are good at including others, soliciting ideas.
- Like to persuade others.
- Are outgoing and social; you love networking, find it relieves stress. You fear being disliked or ignored.
- Love fun, may be impulsive and may need more self-discipline.
- May be perceived as insincere because you’re so friendly.
- Trust others.
- Avoid topics that will bring you down. You dislike pessimism, negativity, skepticism and cynicism.
- Solve problems creatively.
- May be oblivious to changes.
- Love new possibilities and make decisions quickly.
- If you’re an influencer, you frame ideas this way:
“I’m excited that we’re going to …,” “Imagine this,” “So many people will …,” “You’ll win this contract if …,” “I love working with you because …,” and “This is going to be fun.”
For other leadership styles, go to yourtalentatwork.com.
— Adapted from Conversations for Change, Shawn Kent Hayashi, McGraw-Hill.