Run down this list to see if your behavior aligns with the “high influence style” of. You:
- Are good at including others, soliciting ideas.
- Like to persuade others.
- Are outgoing and social; you love networking, find it relieves stress. You fear being disliked or ignored.
- Love fun, may be impulsive and may need more self-discipline.
- May be perceived as insincere because you’re so friendly.
- Trust others.
- Avoid topics that will bring you down. You dislike pessimism, negativity, skepticism and cynicism.
- Solve problems creatively.
- May be oblivious to changes.
- Love new possibilities and make decisions quickly.
- If you’re an influencer, you frame ideas this way:
“I’m excited that we’re going to …,” “Imagine this,” “So many people will …,” “You’ll win this contract if …,” “I love working with you because …,” and “This is going to be fun.”
For other leadership styles, go to yourtalentatwork.com.
— Adapted from Conversations for Change, Shawn Kent Hayashi, McGraw-Hill.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34600/do-you-influence "