In an effort to bolster dwindling memberships, unions are taking their organizing message to the Internet, rather than your physical work site.
Latest example: One of the nation's largest unions, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), launched an affiliate Web site dubbed Purple-Ocean.org. (The SEIU's trademark color is purple.)
Modeled in part after Howard Dean's network of Internet supporters during his presidential bid, the SEIU's site aims to mobilize and connect union-friendly workers through features such as a Web log, or "blog." PurpleOcean.org wants to draw 1 million people to build its campaign.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware retaliation suit if lateral transfer harms career
- Promotion complaints? Consider firewall for future promotions
- N.Y. says Domino's has been late on delivery of wages
- Make sure not to defame an employee when issuing 'Security bulletin' after termination