You have the right to demand a drug-free workplace, but employees also have reasonable rights to privacy. That’s why drug testing and substance-abuse prevention programs carry big-time legal risks if they’re not managed properly. Employers can safely administer drug testing before hiring someone, during a fitness-for-duty test and after a preventable accident ...
- Executive exemption requires true hiring/firing authority
- Can we ask applicants about criminal convictions? What can we do with that information?
- Who is the harasser? Supervisor or co-Worker status matters
- HR tracking system helps ensure equal treatment
- Firing for theft? Well-founded suspicion enough to go on