Lincoln, NE-based Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society will pay $285,000 plus a $50,000 annuity to Louella Rollins, a Pittsburgh-area woman who served as state manager for Woodmen in Pennsylvania.
Rollins claimed that a man she supervised complained openly about having to work for a woman. She said the employee also grabbed and touched her. When she complained, she said she was told to manage her office better. When she complained again, she was demoted.
The settlement also requires Woodmen to report future sexual harassment complaints to the EEOC.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/3456/woodmen-life-settles-harassment-suit-for-285000 "
- Chicago's Jackson Park Hospital faces bias, retaliation charges
- Library cuts lead to bias suits, a new union and spiraling costs
- HIV case shines spotlight on ADAAA's broader disability definition
- Protect against retaliation suits by conducting independent and 'blind' internal investigations
- Kroger will pay $16 million in discrimination suit settlement