A Pittsburgh system/supply analyst sued Del Monte Foods for race and age discrimination after being passed over for several promotions despite excellent reviews. The analyst, a 57-year-old black woman, applied for at least five positions between July 1998 and 2005, four of which went to white males younger than 40.
Del Monte showed the court, however, that a candidate with more education and experience had filled each position. The court granted summary dismissal.
- Recruiter files sexual harassment suit against K-Sea Transportation
- Humiliation, not just physical threats, can be harassment
- Document stressful work conditions to defend against retaliation claim
- What you should absolutely, positively NOT say in a performance review
- Advice, please: How should we implement our first severance pay packages?