A Pittsburgh system/supply analyst sued Del Monte Foods for race and age discrimination after being passed over for several promotions despite excellent reviews. The analyst, a 57-year-old black woman, applied for at least five positions between July 1998 and 2005, four of which went to white males younger than 40.
Del Monte showed the court, however, that a candidate with more education and experience had filled each position. The court granted summary dismissal.
- How many lawyers do we need? Lawsuit names company and individual managers
- Feel free to adjust pay to suit local standards
- Be alert for hidden--or overt--bias when hiring manager rejects qualified candidate
- ACLU, TSA settle case of HIV-positive applicant
- Bankruptcy can lead to dismissal of discrimination suits