A Pittsburgh system/supply analyst sued Del Monte Foods for race and age discrimination after being passed over for several promotions despite excellent reviews. The analyst, a 57-year-old black woman, applied for at least five positions between July 1998 and 2005, four of which went to white males younger than 40.
Del Monte showed the court, however, that a candidate with more education and experience had filled each position. The court granted summary dismissal.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When harassment case is on the line, be ready to prove you did everything you could to stop it
- Recruiting/Screening Practices
- When accused harasser says he was harassed, weigh everyone's credibility--and motive for lying
- Watch out! Employee who quits can still sue