A Pittsburgh system/supply analyst sued Del Monte Foods for race and age discrimination after being passed over for several promotions despite excellent reviews. The analyst, a 57-year-old black woman, applied for at least five positions between July 1998 and 2005, four of which went to white males younger than 40.
Del Monte showed the court, however, that a candidate with more education and experience had filled each position. The court granted summary dismissal.
- Require everyone to report harassment—you'll be justified firing those who don't
- Fayetteville Goodyear plant sued over woman's firing
- How to ward off some class-action pay-bias suits: Grant managers limited discretion to set pay
- Workplace violence: Keep staff safe the legally smart way
- Track disciplinary details to stop bias suits