The Millennials, also known as Gen Y, take a lot of criticism, but they are also savvy about several aspects of the working world today, says Ali Velshi, CNN’s chief business correspondent, who outlines what they know and you should, too.
- Jobs and careers aren’t forever. You need to be prepared to change both if needed.
- Continue to train. It helps you stay relevant and prepare for new roles.
- Focus on the experience. You may not have your dream job in your dream field, but while you’re there you can gain valuable experience.
- Keep a positive attitude. Times may be tough, but keep working and believing you’ll eventually find the job you really want.
- Remember your elders have valuable insights. Spend time with your parents, older colleagues and retirees to glean their knowledge and wisdom.
— Adapted from “Career lessons from Gen Y,” Ali Velshi, CNN Money.