More than 60% of employees at Orlando, Fla.-based InCharge Debt Solutions work from home. Most of the staff at the nonprofit credit counseling agency spend their days on the phone; they can help clients just as effectively from home as they could from an office.
The payoffs have been impressive:
- Home workers are about 4% more productive than they were in the office.
- The company has saved 66% on office space and expenses.
- Home workers take fewer breaks and sick days and are rarely late.
- Employees annually save an average of $1,260 in fuel costs.
Contact: Soraia de Araujo, (407) 532-5599.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What can we do? We accidentally overpaid an employee who was out on workers' comp leave
- Deducting cost of intentional damage from former employee's final paycheck
- Face-to-face counseling helps employees grasp benefits
- Wellness up as employers combat health costs