Proposed IRS regulations would thwart attempts to convert a full-time employee to part-time status, and then “hire” the employee through a temp agency to complete a shift. Some employers have contemplated doing so to avoid providing health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
Access the regs here.
- Hiring or promoting? OK to discount experience if it's trumped by other factors
- How does California law affect hiring?
- Newark car-prep giant faces discrimination, ADA charges
- Suit on tax credits for hiring poor workers moves forward
- Hiring licensed applicants? Check for violations that revoke the license