Proposed IRS regulations would thwart attempts to convert a full-time employee to part-time status, and then “hire” the employee through a temp agency to complete a shift. Some employers have contemplated doing so to avoid providing health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
Access the regs here.
- Tell managers never to show their cards before making hiring decision
- No individual liability under Texas Whistleblower Act or Labor Code
- What are the new rules on observation of DOT-mandated drug and alcohol tests?
- Applicants gone wild: Top 10 blunders by interviewees
- Employers cut absent workers a little slack this year