Amendments to Labor Code Chapter 2.5 implementing AB 1844 took effect Jan. 1. The amendments bar employers from asking employees or job applicants for any social media account information.
Employers may not retaliate against individuals for refusing to provide the information. Employers may only access an employee’s social media accounts as part of a legitimate investigation into alleged employee misconduct.
- ACA: House bill defines full-time work as 40 hours per week
- Don't court lawsuit by allowing early clock-ins
- Understanding religious accommodation in Illinois workplaces
- What are the implications for employers of Illinois' new civil union law?
- Trying to avoid romantic trouble? Make sure transfer doesn't look like punishment