1. For individuals earning over $400,000, the new “fiscal cliff” law raises the top tax rate from:
a. 33% to 35%
b. 35% to 39.6%
c. 35% to 36.9%
2. What’s the No. 1 way HR pros and managers handle situations in which employee requests for vacation time overlap?
a. Allow vacation on first-come, first-served basis
b. Let the employees’ manager decide
c. Let employees sort it out themselves
3. One in five workers say they would reject a job offer if the employer:
a. Required them to pay for parking.
b. Had a bad reputation on Yelp and other business-rating sites.
c. Did not allow them to access social media in the workplace.
4. What are the most and least stressful jobs in America, according to a new report?
a. Most: Airline pilot; Least: Tailor
b. Most: Firefighter; Least: Librarian
c. Most: Military personnel; Least: University professor
5. What percentage of employers say they’ve changed their minds about a job candidate after speaking with his or her references?
6. Last month’s “fiscal cliff” law passed by Congress said employers can continue to exclude from income up to how much in employer-provided educational assistance?
Sources: 1. H.R. 8, the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012; 2. TheHRSpecialist.com weekly poll; 3. Hays Consulting survey; 4. CareerCast.com, using govt. data; 5. CareerBuilder.com survey; 6. H.R. 8, the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. c 4. c 5. b 6. a