1. For individuals earning over $400,000, the new “fiscal cliff” law raises the top tax rate from:
a. 33% to 35%
b. 35% to 39.6%
c. 35% to 36.9%
2. What’s the No. 1 way HR pros and managers handle situations in which employee requests for vacation time overlap?
a. Allow vacation on first-come, first-served basis
b. Let the employees’ manager decide
c. Let employees sort it out themselves
3. One in five workers say they would reject a job offer if the employer:
a. Required them to pay for parking.
b. Had a bad reputation on Yelp and other business-rating sites.
c. Did not allow them to access social media in the workplace.
4. What are the most and least stressful jobs in America, according to a new report?
a. Most: Airline pilot; Least: Tailor
b. Most: Firefighter; Least: Librarian
c. Most: Military personnel; Least: University professor
5. What percentage of employers say they’ve changed their minds about a job candidate after speaking with his or her references?
6. Last month’s “fiscal cliff” law passed by Congress said employers can continue to exclude from income up to how much in employer-provided educational assistance?
Sources: 1. H.R. 8, the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012; 2. TheHRSpecialist.com weekly poll; 3. Hays Consulting survey; 4. CareerCast.com, using govt. data; 5. CareerBuilder.com survey; 6. H.R. 8, the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. c 4. c 5. b 6. a
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34381/the-hr-iq-test-february-13 "