To contact or not to contact? Perhaps you had better call that reference.
According to a recent CareerBuilder survey, 69% of employers said they have changed their minds about a candidate after speaking with a reference, with 47% reporting they had a less favorable opinion and 23% reporting they had a more favorable opinion. Thirty-one percent said references haven’t swayed their decisions on a candidate one way or the other.
- Employee didn't apply, so college couldn't have discriminated
- Call lawyer before considering anything like a noncompete--even a gentlemen's agreement
- To the winner goes ... the loser's legal bill
- The 25 most profitable year-end tax strategies
- California Supreme Court limits liability for independent contractor's injuries