To contact or not to contact? Perhaps you had better call that reference.
According to a recent CareerBuilder survey, 69% of employers said they have changed their minds about a candidate after speaking with a reference, with 47% reporting they had a less favorable opinion and 23% reporting they had a more favorable opinion. Thirty-one percent said references haven’t swayed their decisions on a candidate one way or the other.
- Judge slams brakes on new 'No-Match' enforcement rules
- What kinds of employers does the Illinois Employee Classification Act cover?
- Can we hire contractors and later--if they work out--convert them into employees?
- Restrict access to data about protected characteristics
- What will you decide: keep or drop employee health benefits?