To contact or not to contact? Perhaps you had better call that reference.
According to a recent CareerBuilder survey, 69% of employers said they have changed their minds about a candidate after speaking with a reference, with 47% reporting they had a less favorable opinion and 23% reporting they had a more favorable opinion. Thirty-one percent said references haven’t swayed their decisions on a candidate one way or the other.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Minority decision-Maker doesn't prevent promotion bias
- Hurricane-relief tax breaks extend beyond Gulf ... possibly to you
- It's OK to ask questions about applicant's ability to do specific job
- Having a hard time hiring? Blame today's skills mismatch