To contact or not to contact? Perhaps you had better call that reference.
According to a recent CareerBuilder survey, 69% of employers said they have changed their minds about a candidate after speaking with a reference, with 47% reporting they had a less favorable opinion and 23% reporting they had a more favorable opinion. Thirty-one percent said references haven’t swayed their decisions on a candidate one way or the other.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34310/check-those-references-poll-shows-why "
- Statewide anti-gay bias bill introduced in Legislature
- Want to be creative? Ask 5 questions
- Minor malady could hinder performance? Always look for easy accommodations
- How your management style can stop workplace violence
- Certain you had a good reason for firing? Don't agonize over decision--or fear a bias suit