To contact or not to contact? Perhaps you had better call that reference.
According to a recent CareerBuilder survey, 69% of employers said they have changed their minds about a candidate after speaking with a reference, with 47% reporting they had a less favorable opinion and 23% reporting they had a more favorable opinion. Thirty-one percent said references haven’t swayed their decisions on a candidate one way or the other.
- Find qualified disabled applicants with DOL's online network
- New economic stimulus law will find HR working closely with accounting
- Roskam seeks better tax credits as incentive to hire veterans
- For small business (or large), 11 steps to hiring right
- Reduce company's risk <br/> of hiring 'risky' applicants