To contact or not to contact? Perhaps you had better call that reference.
According to a recent CareerBuilder survey, 69% of employers said they have changed their minds about a candidate after speaking with a reference, with 47% reporting they had a less favorable opinion and 23% reporting they had a more favorable opinion. Thirty-one percent said references haven’t swayed their decisions on a candidate one way or the other.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Federal Contractors Must Use E-Verify to Confirm Worker Eligibility
- Your favorite! Answers to 'What's the most bizarre thing you've ever experienced in a job interview?'
- No promotion postings? You're courting a bias suit
- EEOC tries to clarify rules on H.S. diploma requirement