FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jan. 7, 2013
Contact: Elizabeth Hall, Senior Web Editor
(800) 543-2055 (703) 905-8000
New Free Special Report Provides Guidelines for Creating Legally Sound Employee Handbooks
Falls Church, Va. — Your employee handbook can be an invaluable organizational tool — or an employment lawsuit waiting to happen. And in recent years, Congress and state legislatures have been busy enacting laws that directly affect your employee handbook. If you haven’t kept up, your organization could be sued.
“Is your handbook missing something, contradicting another policy, saying too much, using confusing language, over-promising … or worse, simply out-of-date?” asks Business Management Daily’s Senior Web Editor Elizabeth Hall.
Fortunately, Business Management Daily has published a free special report called The Essential Employee Handbook: Sample Policies, Employment Law Issues, Self-Audit Tips to provide guidance for human resources professionals and managers when they’re creating and updating their company’s employee handbook.
With this informative report, professionals will learn:
- How to bullet-proof their employee handbook
- The most common mistakes made when putting together handbooks
- The importance of always including disclaimers in the handbook
- Protecting their employment at-will status
- 4 common policy writing mistakes
- How to create the online version of a handbook
“An employee handbook can be the foundation of employee performance and a shield against lawsuits,” says Hall, “or it can be a ticking time bomb that confuses employees and strips away your legal defenses. It all depends on how well it’s written and put to use.”
Learn how to create an employee handbook that will provide your employees with vital information and protect your organization from costly lawsuits — download The Essential Employee Handbook: Sample Policies, Employment Law Issues, Self-Audit Tips now.
Business Management Daily provides plain-English, actionable news, information and tips to busy professionals in the areas of human resources, leadership, management, administrative skills, office technology, employment law, tax and more. Subscribe to our free e-newsletters and download our free reports. ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter at @BizDaily.
- 'HR Professionals Week' starts March 5 featuring free HR training tools
- Business Management Daily offers free video on creating effective charts and graphs with Excel
- Business Management Daily's editors choose their top 5 favorite schools that offer HR programs
- Now revealed: 8 steps to becoming the strong manager your employees need
- Career-building webinar April 25 in honor of Administrative Professionals Week will sharpen professionals' writing skills