When the electricity goes out or gets scarce, frequent business travelers like your boss know all the top tricks to power up, discovered freelance journalist Jane L. Levere.
Sales and marketing executive Mark Pearlstein never leaves for a trip without his 92-hour rechargeable backup battery from Brookstone, which he uses to refuel his laptop and smartphone on the go. It helps get business done on the road, but he found it most useful at home during Hurricane Sandy.
Pearlstein used the battery to power his smartphone, which he turned into a mobile hotspot, which delivered Internet to his laptop.
Most travelers have a knack for making do with the resources at hand, says Ron diLeo, executive director of the Association of Corporate Travel Executives.
“When you’re a frequent traveler, you learn how to charge your phone off your laptop until you can get to a place where you can charge the laptop,” he said.
Many frequent travelers also take advantage of the following gadgets:
- Backup power for smartphones. These small devices will add hours of charge to a smartphone and are made by several companies, including Duracell and Energizer.
- Mophie Juice Pack Air. An iPhone case that contains a rechargeable battery that adds up to nine hours of use.
- Eneloop mobile boosters by Panasonic. These lithiumion backup batteries can charge a smartphone and a tablet simultaneously.
- Trent iMirror. A heavy-duty external battery pack that can also charge a smartphone and a tablet simultaneously.
- Duracell’s Powermat system. The mat can work while plugged in or charged and transfers power wirelessly to devices you place on it.
- The HyperJuice system. An external battery for Apple products can extend a MacBook’s up to 45 hours and an iPad’s up to 53 hours. It can also recharge an iPhone as many as 52 times.
— Adapted from “Power Is Where You Find It,” Jane L. Levere, The New York Times.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34232/power-secrets-of-frequent-travelers "