Public speaking can be a real challenge, but these five tips can make your next presentation a smashing success, says Dave Carroll, a singer, author and speaker.
- Be yourself. Don’t try to act like someone else. Just be you because authenticity is powerful.
- Believe in your story. Know that your story is worthy of being told and being heard by an audience.
- Learn about your audience. Do some research about the people you’ll be speaking to and tailor your presentation to them.
- Make your presentation flow. Be sure that it starts and ends on a strong note and has various levels of intensity in between.
- Tell your story. Stories are what will connect you with your audience.
— Adapted from “5 tips for delivering a killer presentation,” Dave Carroll, iMedia Connection.