1. More than three in four workers (77%) over age 50 say they:
a. Increase their 401(k) contributions after age 50
b. Plan to remain in their current jobs until retirement
c. Don’t use social media during the workday
2. The U.S. Department of Labor has signed agreements with 13 states to conduct strict audits of employers that:
a. Have higher than average injury rates
b. Have higher than average layoff rates
c. Use independent contractors
3. A new OSHA fact sheet outlines safety measures to protect workers during:
a. Weather emergencies
b. Terrorist attacks
c. Major retail sales events
4. The most common cause of death last year by Americans at work was:
b. Traffic accidents
c. Falls/struck by objects
5. What’s the percentage of employers that say they typically contact references when evaluating a candidate?
6. On Dec. 11, state lawmakers voted to have Michigan become the 24th:
a. State that approved medical marijuana
b. Right-to-work state
c. State mandating that employers use the E-Verify system
Sources: 1. 2012 AARP survey; 2. U.S. Department of Labor; 3. OSHA Crowd Control fact sheet; 4. OSHA;
5. CareerBuilder survey; 6. Washington Post.
Answers: 1. b 2. c 3. c 4. b 5. a 6. b
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34154/the-hr-iq-test-january-13 "